Saturday, March 27, 2010

a little folk village

So on our first day, jetlagged from a 13 hour flight, we were at a loss at what to do since we wanted something quick without too much energy required. My mom thought to take me to the last preserved Korean folk village, to get me in touch with my cultural roots and what not. It was kinda cool seeing how people lived back in the day, but I am just so unbelievably glad that i was not born in that quaint time. Simple, yes. But to be honest, I would trade in simplicity for working toilets and electricity any day. And I'm not even much of a gadget person. Nevertheless, it was fun and A good chance to bust Fred out. I first stopped at the wishing rock, you write your hopes, dreams, and prayers for your loved ones down on pieces of cloth and tie them to this sacred rope. So I did. Twice. I completely believe in superstition so I'm just waiting...any day now...




Yes, that white you see there is actual snow. It was chiilllly. Finally giving my winter wardrobe I acquired in Europe a test run.


That is honey. And this little man whipped it around so fast (in corn starch) with just his hands that it turned finer than human hair. In about 15 seconds. We thought it was cool so obviously we got suckered into purchasing the "candy" which was really peanuts in that honey hair stuff. Not as tasty as one would imagine but worth the show, since I'm determined now to pick up this skill before I come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment