Tuesday, March 30, 2010

clever clever

Seriously Asians are so smart (not to toot my own horn or anything). But there are so many little inventions here that are so handy! It's like every moment you had when you were like "Oh it would be so useful if they just made _____ for _____. Or put _______ into _____" but no one ever thought to put it into action, here they have! I've made a laundry list of cool things America seriously needs to consider but here's an example: At restaurants they shrank tissue paper into these tiny tables on a plate. The customer adds water. Then poof! Instant wet hand wipes that you use before every meal. And don't create a mess because they're tiny and cute. I've stolen a sample so I can bring them back and claim that I invented it on my own. A fall back plan on how I am going to become a millionaire.
Other little wonders that I can think of right now:
- Warmed toilet seats (everywhere, even in restaurants and malls). My bum has been nice and toasty the whole time here!
- Automatic toilet seat covers. They're all about sanitation.
- Valeting cars has never been so easy. They put the car on a platform that they raise from the garage so it pops up when you're ready to leave. The attendant leaves your keys in the ignition for you so all you have to do is slip in and drive off.
- The supermarkets (kind of like walmarts) are four stories high and instead of having escalators and elevators, they made walking sidewalks that go diagonally to each floor so you can take your shopping cart!
- A bunch of other really cool stuff I can't remember right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment