Sunday, November 15, 2009

hold me closer, tiny dancer


image courtesy

i was a stubborn little girl so of course anything my mother wanted me to do, piano lessons, art classes, learning a foreign language, playing sports, i immediately didn't want to do. now i kick myself for not becoming the renaissance woman my mom was trying to turn me into because how great would it be to be able to do all those things? ballet has been one of the things i wish i had stuck with because i adore everything about it. these pictures of the chicago academy of dance make me so wistful. the girls look beautiful and full of grace. put me in a tutu now!

i love all of degas' pastels but this is one of my absolute favorites. i took this at the musee d'orsay (lovelovelove) in paris.


what i would give to be a prima ballerina

No comments:

Post a Comment